This course offers a comprehensive look into the technical aspects of generator control, including speed and frequency regulation, speed governor systems, and parallel operation in island mode. It also covers reactive power control in island mode and its application against a utility grid or infinite bus. Participants will have the opportunity to put their knowledge into practice through hands-on controls simulation.
What I will learn?
- Frequency control – speed governor
- Isochronous vs loop control
- Island mode, load sharing, parallel operation
- Isochronous vs loop
- Reactive (VAR or RF) control in island mode
- Reactive (VAR or RF) control against utility grid or infinite bus
Island and Utility Mode00:00
Student Ratings & Reviews
- This course is excellent for an engineer/technician wishing to establish and enhance a strong technical foundation on Generators, empowering their skills in Generator Control: A Hands-On Course for Engineers Seeking Mastery in Speed, Voltage, and Reactive Power Management.
- This course is an extension of the generator theory course which is a pre-requisite to this course. After a discussion of speed, voltage and frequency control the course concludes with a simulation.